by Ian Yuill on 12 March, 2020
Following the conclusion of the COBRA meeting this afternoon (Thursday 12th March), the First Minister has just informed a news conference and will soon tell Parliament the following:
After a spike in cases of COVID 19 across the UK, the 4 nations will now move to the ‘Delay phase’ of the public health response to the Pandemic. The key points and the requirements of this phase are as follows:
• From tomorrow if you have symptoms consistent with COVID19: Fever, shortness of breath and or a persistent cough you must self-isolate for 7 days.
• If a case is suspected it won’t be tested routinely. Testing will be conducted on a sample basis to gauge infection levels within communities.
• Schools will remain open for the time being. It is likely that they may need to close but when they do they may not re-open for several months.
• Planned overseas school trips will now not go ahead until further notice.
• Mass gatherings of over 500 people or more will be cancelled from Monday.
If you have concerns about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and are worried about symptoms, you must stay home and call your GP or NHS 24 (111) out of hours where you will receive help.Leave a comment